In this video, we’ll be providing some understanding of social development in kids with ADHD, and discussing important strategies on how to meet your child's needs during the transition to a new middle school environment.
We'll be sharing some resources, tools and strategies are recommended by leading experts in the ADHD field and have been used by thousands of families to help aid both parents and kids living with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. These tips can prove key to your child's adjustment to a new academic, social, and emotional period in their lives.
My team and I have researched extensively to provide parents, teachers, caregivers, and families some extra help during social distancing and the coronavirus pandemic, and today, we’ll be covering ways that ADHD can affect your preteen, and sharing advice on repairing and rebuilding healthy relationships with middle schoolers affected by ADHD. This video is specifically about how ADHD influences your children’s relationships with family, friends, and peers and how you can help them to overcome such challenges as:
- Academic and social challenges with ADHD in middle school
- Challenges with holding and contributing to conversations
- Your child's ability to organize their responsibilities and manage time
- Struggling to connect with other students
- New academic challenges
- Building and keeping successful relationships with parents and friends - Dealing with your child's excessive anger and frustration
- How communication and behavior look different for a child with ADHD We'll also be covering how communication and behavior look different for a child with ADHD, as well as how to understand your child and help them successfully adjust to middle school by understanding and implementing:
- Valuing social development
-Accepting failures and mistakes
- External regulation
- Staying involved as a parent
- Modeling autonomy and internal regulation
- Practicing social interactions
- Using organization and time management to achieve academic excellence
+++DOWNLOAD The Child Mind Institute’s Parents Guide to ADHD+++
Sign-up for the ADHD in Middle School Summit (https://smartcourse.io/aims) and we’ll send you our list of expert-curated ADHD resources, including [The Child Mind Institute: Parents Guide to ADHD] That way parents and other caregivers can get ADHD parenting training, ADHD parenting support, and ADHD parenting advice. Especially, ADHD child parenting guides, ADHD parenting skills, and ADHD parenting skills training.
*** DOWNLOAD OUR EXPERT-CURATED LIST OF RESOURCES***
Sign-up for the ADHD in Middle School Summit and we'll send you our expert-curated list of ADHD resources including: - Additude Magazine's Homework Ideas That Work - General ADHD resources that every caregiver should have - and ADHD resources specific to school accommodations and education services