In this video, we will provide some understanding of social development in children with ADHD. It will include important strategies on how to meet your child's needs specifically during the transition to a brand new environment in middle school.
We cover and share resources, tools, and strategies that are recommended by leading experts in the ADHD field and that have been used by thousands of families to help aid both parents and kids living with ADHD. These tips can prove key to your child's adjustment to a new academic, social, and emotional period in their lives.
My team and I have researched extensively to provide parents, teachers, caregivers and families with helpful tools and strategies during this crisis.
In this series, we will be covering how social distancing and the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic can impact our children, how communication and behavior can look different for a child with ADHD, building and keeping successful relationships with parents and friends, and how social anxiety can impede the day-to-day life of a child with ADHD.
This video is specifically about how ADHD influences your children’s communication and behaviors, and how caregivers can overcome those challenges such as:
- Challenges with holding and contributing to conversations
- Your child's ability to organize their responsibilities and manage time
- A deficit in executive function skills
- Struggling to connect with other students
- Building and keeping successful relationships with parents and friends - Dealing with your child's excessive anger and frustration
- How communication and behavior look different for a child with ADHD
We'll also be covering how communication and behavior look different for a child with ADHD, as well as how to understand your child and help them successfully adjust to middle school by understanding and implementing:
- Valuing social development
- External regulation through Scaffolding
- Modeling autonomy and internal regulation
- Practicing social interactions
- Using organization and time management to achieve academic excellence
+++DOWNLOAD Understood.org, 5 Ways ADHD Can Affect Social Skills+++
Sign-up for the ADHD in Middle School Summit (https://smartcourse.io/aims) and we’ll send you our list of expert-curated ADHD resources, including [ADDitude Magazine's, How to Succeed in High School with ADHD: A Teen’s Guide]
That way parents and other caregivers can get ADHD parenting training, ADHD parenting support, and ADHD parenting advice. Especially, ADHD child parenting guides, ADHD parenting skills, and ADHD parenting skills training.
*** DOWNLOAD OUR EXPERT-CURATED LIST OF RESOURCES***
Sign-up for the ADHD in Middle School Summit and we'll send you our expert-curated list of ADHD resources including:
- Additude Magazine's Homework Ideas That Work
- General ADHD resources that every caregiver should have
- ADHD resources specific to school accommodations and education services